Sunday 12 August 2007

Reflective Blogger Award

Blogger Reflection Award

I received this award from Betty of Country Charm. Thank you Betty, I am most honoured.


The purpose of the award is to, in the words of the originator of the award,make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you . Five bloggers who, when you reflect on them, you get a sense of joy at knowing them and being blessed by them.



This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your blog. Write real thoughts about these bloggers and what they've meant to you. If the bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give it to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given.


This is not an easy task, as there are so many wonderful blogging friends out there but here is my list.





Susan of Penless Writer. For me, Susan writes from the heart and she is not afraid to appear controversial. She has a solid Christian faith that she is able to explain clearly and simply in her writing, based on the knowledge of who she is in Christ. No sugar-coated sentimentality, just living life and truth as she sees it.



Becky of The Butler's Wife Becky has given me many opportunities to smile. She has the ability to make her writing very humerous at times. She has a sound Christian faith which she shares in a very real and open way. Her blog is varied and enjoyable.




Nel of Chiffon Rose by Nel Nel has blessed me with her openess and honesty and her willingness to make herself vulnerable. Nel tells it like it is which has endeared her to my heart as she has been dealing with very painful issues.




Vanessa of Beach Girl Vanessa's blog I enjoy for the beautiful scenic pictures she posts, along with openess and honesty on life issues. With a very busy life as a single Mum she still finds time to minister to others and share her Christian faith on her blog.




Connie of Connie's Thoughts Connie always has inspirational stories to tell and is not afraid to share her Christian faith, even on unpopular issues. Connie also loves posting about her beloved family.

4 comments:

Susie said...

Congratulations on your award, Barbara!
I'm off to read a bit on those you nominated that I don't already know..
:)

Unknown said...

Barbara I am so touched and honored by your sweet thoughts and the award. Thank you! I will recognize it this week, and try to pass it on. That, as you know, will be difficult.

Susan said...

Barbara, I am very touche with your giving me this award and your kind words. I will endeavor to the best of my ability, through Christ, to live up to it!!! Even though I've had it before I will pass it on in a few days>

Anonymous said...

I am truly honored that you consider me amongst the other women you have chosen. Your encouragement in the past and certainly through this has been a major factor in helping me through. Thank you! Blessings, Nel xo