Sunday 18 March 2007

Sticky Apricot Flapjack Recipe

I've been asked for the flapjack recipe by some of you wonderful fellow bloggers so here we go:

4 oz. butter 5 tablespoons golden syrup 2 oz demerara or brown sugar 8 oz oats
4 oz. dried apricots, chopped 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice

Oven 180C/425F/Gas 4 Grease 8 inch square tin (I make double and use 12" x 9" tin)

Put butter and 4 tablespoons of the syrup into pan with sugar and heat gently until melted.
Stir in oats and apricots and mix well. Spoon into tin and smooth top.
Bake 25 minutes until golden.
When cooked remove from oven and while still warm mark into squares. Melt remaining syrup and add lemon juice. Pour over the flapjack and leave to cool.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hello - thank you for the recipe - I got back from Gran Canaria yesterday with loads of Apricots - they are so much cheaper there!
The flapjacks are cooking as I type - I will let you know how they turn out!!!

Kate
www.iramble.co.uk