Monday 17 September 2007

Hi! I am Back

Hello everyone. I am back. Have missed you all.






We had a wonderful time driving to and walking round so many beautiful villages in the most stunning countryside.

Afternoon tea and cakes next on the agenda.


Our cottage on a working farm was superb.






We left the Cotswolds on Friday, spent a couple of hours on the way home at Janie's as she had been home from work with a nasty infection, got home, had a quick meal and then straight out again to a 'drop in' nibbles and drinks evening at a friends home.






Since then have not stopped, you know - the usual - unpacking, catching up with events, church, looking after our son's home and cats while he is in Spain, the garden and now it is Monday.






I went into my E-mails and there amongst the 88 waiting for me there was one I had to deal with right away. My server was telling me that I was up to full capacity in Outlook Express and if I did not clear some files quickly then I would not be able to receive my E-mails and they could not store them.



So before I even thought about blogging I needed to deal with this. So looks like this is another chore that has been neglected since I started blogging!







So I am looking forward to catching up with you all. I have downloaded about 320 photos from the Cotswolds.

I don't know how long it will take me to get them all sorted and filed but I will be posting many of them eventually.







To wet your appetite I'll leave you with this picture of the Fleece Inn in Bretforton.



16 comments:

Susan said...

What a delightful Inn. Been missing you! Be sure and read Saturdays post and comments and see who is back.
Susan

Jeanne said...

I have missed you.
Welcome back sweet friend.
Love Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Nice to read again from you! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of Cotswold, this being an unknown part of your beautiful country.
Don't hurry, just start to settle at home again!
Have a good time,
Barbara

Unknown said...

Welcome home! I can't wait to see more lovliness from you. Take your time. It is no fun to hurry.

Anonymous said...

Glad you were as impressed with the cottage and area as we were. Shall look forward to hearing more about it and seeing your photos in due course.
Love, Pamx

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Barbara! You sound as though you've really had a lovely trip. Can't wait to hear more. HUGS

Willow said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good holiday. Mmmm, the inn looks so comfy. Can't wait to see more photos!

Unknown said...

What a quaint and delightful looking INN! I'm so glad you're back safe and sound. I am looking forward to some new photos of your vacation.

TO BECOME said...

WELCOME HOME, DEAR FRIEND. That is a beautiful Inn. So glad you are home and I know you have many important things to take care of, but we will be waiting to hear more from you as you have the time. Have a great week. connie from Texas

Willow said...

Barbara,
Wouldn't it be wonderful if the quail would leave me an egg? There is a darling (probably out of print) book titled A Quail Named Robert by Margaret Stanger about a quail that lived as a family pet on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Very sweet story.

Sue Seibert said...

Glad you are home. Sounds like a super trip! Can't wait to see the photos!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Welcome back! Love the old inn, with its slate (I assume?) tiles on the roof, and the bulging walls, and the bright flowers in the garden. Very quaint...

Betty said...

Glad you are back....we were away last week also.

I deleted about 400 emails recently....they do amount up, don't they.....

The picture is beautiful......Betty

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Hello Dear Barbara.....
Welcome back. I can well imagine what a wonderful time you’ve had visiting the Cotswolds and I’m so looking forward to seeing lots of pictures. It will be a wonderful trip down memory lane for me. Beautiful picture of Bretforton, its a lovely village. Marion

Nonnie said...

That pub looks gorgeous, and I thought I recognised the name of the village. Just looked it up and it's in my parents part of the Cotswolds. Well kind of. Not too far from them anyway. Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures and where else you went that I might know. Glad you had a lovely time.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a safe trip! I was in the Cotswolds about 21 years ago. What a memorable and wonderful place!

It was delightful to see your pictures and I will patiently await more!

Melissa