Thursday 18 October 2007

Come visit a Beautiful local Park

We are very blessed to have a number of lovely parks in our immediate area
Some large and some small - most within walking distance and others a short drive away
Yesterday was a beautiful day so we decided to walk in one of them
This is South Weald Park about 15 minutes drive away
The Autumn colours are only just beginning but there was plenty of wildlife and water fowl to make up for it

Baby Deer at rest

Ducks, Canada Geese, Coots and Moorhens





Not forgetting the Swans



Sunlight dancing on water

Stripes of sunshine




Where does the reflection begin and end








Perfect Calm




Fire








Weed taking over a dried up pond








Mushroom time


Red carpet




Red wallpaper


Nature's contrast



Just the beginning

Hope you enjoyed the sights as much as I did, plus the crisp Autumn air and that silence that lingers in the atmosphere at this time of year



14 comments:

Beach Girl said...

Thank you for taking us to the park today! Your pictures are beautiful and peaceful. I always enjoy my visitis across the sea with you.

Vanessa

Susan said...

Loved the picture of the sunlight dancing on the water :o)
Susan

Unknown said...

Breathtaking. Inspiring. Thank you.

Vee said...

Now that my autumn is one the wane, I'll get to enjoy yours. You take the most lovely photos! Excellent eye.

Vee said...

on the wane...geesh, I am typing too fast...

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

So beautiful! Thanks. All those deer are amazing to see just lounging in the meadow. Love the reflections and the red carpeting & wallpaper too. God sure knows how to decorate, doesn't he!

Anonymous said...

Barbara, some of these images look like something from a beautiful calendar. You've captured some lovely scenes - how fortunate to see them in person!

Willow said...

Lovely photos, Barbara! My first thought was, as usual, England is a beautiful place. My second was, Southern California may be warm and sunny, but it's a little boring--no changing leaves, red carpets, flaming trees.

Susan Skitt said...

Lovely, as always, I especially like that orangey-red tree. I feel like I'm walking with you... hey you guys do a lot of walking, way to go! I just went rollerblading at the park today :) Umm, in Pennsylvania, USA, that is... (smile)

P.S. Hop on over to my site. I just posted about you my friend :)

Betty said...

Barbara,
What a sight....all the deer....all the pictures are fantastic....Betty

inspired said...

what a brilliant set of photos ;]

Midlife Cycler said...

This blogging is fun. I love being able to see places all over the country, let alone across the ocean. Truly, thanks for sharing. Inspires me for a blog idea too.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures!
Stephanie
mesocrafty.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are amazing. Or, the nature of your pictures is amazing. I love the deer.