Wednesday 17 October 2007

Bourton Model Village - Cotswolds Pt 9

These photographs are just a few of the ones I took of the model village at Bourton-on-the-Water

It is a 1/9th replica of the actual village and crafted from the local Cotswold stone


It was built in 1937 and started out as a small garden project by an architect who had retired. Very soon as others in the village retired they got involved and helped him and it grew into the tourist attraction that it is today


It is such an accurate replica of the village of Bourton-on-the-Water that it has a flowing river with water wheel, two singing churches and even a model of the model village in the model village


I hope you find it as fascinating as I did







See a gardener mowing a minature lawn


I am standing here just to prove that it is a model village






































11 comments:

Unknown said...

The picture of you in the village reminds me of the story of Gulliver's Travels.

That is a quaint little town in miniature. I love it.

Vee said...

How exquisite! Good thing that you did place yourself in the village because it could pass for the real thing. (I can't find the little man mowing the lawn. I must get out my magnifying glass.) Thanks for sharing all these items of interest.

Vee said...

Hahahahahahaha! Omigosh! I was looking so hard for that gardener mowing a miniature lawn that I entirely overlooked her! Funny how my mind works...scary, too! :)

Naturegirl said...

Absolutely enchanting this minature
replica!! I love it!!Thank you for sharing and posting!

Barbara..I don't know if I could go through this virus I have more than once!! Still healing NG

Midlife Cycler said...

Gorgeous village. I want to walk down the road right now . (I am a friend of the Butlers wife ) and also a new blogger.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That is very fascinating. Love the giant gardener mowing the lawn . . . and how they incorporated real plants into the landscaping, with the ivy growing on the walls and so on.

Naturegirl said...

Barbara:
me again..thankyou for responding..I have it on torso left side front and back..last night was {{{bad}}}it is 6 wks. for me now..{{{OUCH}}}I appreciate your encouraging words!NG

Willow said...

Oh wow! Amazing. Do the houses change in the model as they change in real life? Different trees as one is cut down and another planted?

Susan Skitt said...

Oh I want to come visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

At first sight this model village really looks "real"...but the flowers in the tiny gardens tell the truth ;-) !! Anyway, it is a lovely place you showed us. Besides, we have in Switzerland a place like this too, it is called "Swiss Miniature" and is in the Italian part of our country.
Barbara

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

What an exquisite little village. Your pictures have brought back many fond memories of being there with the children. Marion