Sunday 27 May 2007

Painting on Silk

Today being The World Day of Prayer I thought I would have a change from 'garden' and show you a painting that I did on silk some years ago. I did it for my church. I suddenly had a strong desire to do it. It felt like a prophetic painting as the Lord gave me a scripture and I began from there. Once I got started I stayed up late into the night to work on it.

For the uninitiated, painting on silk is difficult. There are special silk paints, but the paints run all over the place, except where something is outlined with Gutta. Some one does on dry silk and some on wet silk and of course the silk is stretched out on a frame and there is nothing to lean on. So as it was my first attempt I just got on with it. It is certainly not professional but I think it served it's purpose at the time. It is quite large and was used as a wall hanging when we used to get together with a lot of other churches in the area to pray for our area and city.


It says "Shout, for the Lord has given you the City"
Joshua 6:16
If you double click on the photo you will get a full screen picture.The buildings are representative of different parts of London. In the bottom right hand corner you will see a little cat sitting on a brick wall. This was my personal touch. Can't have a city without a cat!


4 comments:

Susan said...

Very creative and nice, Barbara.
Susan

Betty said...

Beautiful painte silk, Barbara. You are a multi-talented lady....
Betty

Betty said...

Barbara, just pretend there is a d on painted in the previous comment...Betty

Linda said...

That's really lovely. Not only do you put together a beautiful garden, you are artistic too. They must go together-come from the same well.