Wednesday 4 April 2007

Spring Lambs

Here are some cute 3 and 4 week old lambs as my contribution to Easter pictures. These are on the grounds of a Christian Retreat Centre, Pilgrims Hall, that I am involved with. They are a flock of Jacob Sheep and yes they are supposed to be descended from the time of Jacob. They are different in colouring to the sheep that one generally sees in the fields and on the hills.
There were 36 lambs born and all but 2 are black. Baa Baa Black Sheep! These baby lambs remind one so much of new birth and new life and with Jesus Himself being the lamb slain for us it seemed very appropriate to use these on an Easter blog.
Some centuries ago Pilgrims Hall was part of the route that the pilgrims took on their way to Canterbury and it was a place to stop off and rest. These days many people come to take time out either overnight or on a daily basis. The Hall also hosts conferences and various church away days as well as being a counselling centre.

Did not get back to any Spring cleaning today. After breakfast I was hanging washing out on the line when my next door neighbour called out to ask if I would like to join them for a time of praise and worship. This to me is real organic church. There I am hanging out the washing, having not even done my face, and I am called to worship. We had a good time of worship and prayer along with about 8 other neighbours before ending with coffee and then each back to our daily routines.

After lunch I decided to forget the house and take a trip out. First stop was to take pictures of the oldest wooden church in the world as I had promised these to a fellow blogger (These will be going on another post) and after that stopped off at Pilgrims Hall to have afternoon tea with the resident team there. What better way to spend a day. Hope you like the pictures.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the photos...sounds like you've had a lovely day with good friends.

Anonymous said...

It is hard to resist newborn lambs, isn't it.

So, do tell, where is this retreat? Are you familiar with any of the retreats on Lindisfarne?

Unknown said...

I love the pictures. Those sheep are beautiful. So different from what I am used to seeing - mostly in pictures. I love the rolling hills of our Virginia with their sheef farms though. Pretty scenery.

Glad to hear you have been to Boston. That is what I was thinking of, in fact, when I commented on our history being nothing compared to yours. We are so young!

I will tell BB that she needs to join the blogger group. She has a xanga site and is not nearly as connected and able to enjoy the fellowship with so many others. So I will try to get her to change. Meanwhile, I will give her your message. She is heading to Spain for a holiday soon. What a lucky girl!

Tracy said...

Very lovely photos, Barbara. I especially love the lamb nursing fron its mama. I grew up on a very small farm. We always had 4 cows, assorted sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, and horses. I loved the sheep.

Tracy said...

Oh, I almost forgot the best part of your post! What a blessing to live where your neighbors call you to worship while you are hanging laundry on the line! Sounds divine! Wish I were there straight away...

Jeanne said...

I love these precious lambs.
Blessings!

Linda said...

There is nothing cuter than a baby lamb.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hi Barbara, I found your link - good work! I'm glad I could help with that. These lambs are so darling...and to think, by now, almost a year later, they must be nearly fully grown and perhaps even about to have lambs of their own in a few months? I've no idea how long it takes a lamb to grow up!

Pilgrim Hall looks like a wonderful place for a personal retreat...