Friday 16 February 2007

Angles sur l' Anglin, France

I have just been reading Cherry's blog Tales from pixie wood where she is talking of and showing the trinkets that she has brought home from her recent trip to Switzerland. It got me thinking about a beautiful place we visited when staying with friends in France. Our friends live on a farm in La Barre, South of Pottiers where they have turned their barn into a gite. Summer wine holidays http://www.summerwineholidays.com/ This photo was taken in Angles sur l' Anglin, about an hour's drive away.

Once home I decided to paint this picture and here it is. There are so many beautiful scenes in this village, apparently it is one of the top ten in France, that I will post more photos from time to time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. The photo is indeed beautiful but you managed to capture it's beauty and more in your painting. I had no idea you could paint like that.

Cherry xx