Friday 10 May 2013

Repairing the Garden

So much extra work in the garden this Spring


Here we are re-turfing the area where we dug out one of the rose beds and repairing damage done by lots of flooding  



The other rose bed we dug out has not faired so well in the constant wet either
One can hardly see the rose shrubs we planted  in the Autumn
They are so far behind and I'm hoping they will recover as the garden dries and warms up a little


This is just one week later and and already the grass is blending in


and there is a little colour



and my latest acquisition to my quirky corner 
The garden is going to look a little sparse this year as I have dug out so many damaged shrubs and cut others back drastically

I came across this recently - it was left by a friend staying from Texas and just in case you are viewing on a small screen and cannot read it,  it says:
God put me on earth
to accomplish
a certain number of things
Right now,
I am so far behind,
I will never die.
Say no more!



11 comments:

Adrienne said...

I feel like I'm always behind, too. Your yard is beginning to wake up after the long, hard wet season. It's going to be lovely. Don't give up - your work will pay off!
~Adrienne~

Needled Mom said...

I love that saying!!!

You do have your work cut out for you in the garden this year. I hope that the roses can recover from all the wet weather. I also hope you have a better summer this year - for you AND the garden.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Due to the late Spring not a whole lot has been done here either. Your grass does look good and hopefully very soon more sunshine and warm weather will be with us.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I really like your 'quirky corner' Barbara. I looks sheltered and warm in the sunshine, and you can enjoy your pond from there . . . much nicer than the old shed I think! Goodbye to all those lovely roses, which I remember were in their full glory four years ago as we had tea in your garden! It's good to change things around now and then.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get. At least it feels that way at times. Looks like you have had a lot of work to do in the garden.

Theresa said...

Your garden is looking so lovely!! I'm working on mine as well (but I'm in Florida)

Trisha said...

Barbara you have beautiful gardens, I know they will bring you lots of joy.
Have a Blessed day, Trisha

Cathy said...

It looks nice and sunny there! Everything will be bursting soon. I don't recognize those flowers or the tree. What are they? We've had rain every day here in Maryland this week, but I've managed to work a little in the yard every day in between the showers. My weeds certainly have doubled in size!

Terri said...

I always say if I get to use up my fabric stash before I die, I'll live to be 500!
Hugs

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for your garden tour! You are making great progress, and I especially enjoy seeing your new little bird...a lovely permanent visitor :-)

Lorrie said...

Grass and plants are very tenacious and thrive even when we wonder about them. I hope your roses recover well.
Love the little ditty - my list of projects is always miles long.