I know I said I would not post while at Leigh-on-Sea but an addiction is an addiction. Isn't it?
I have been tagged again, this time by Claudia of Claudia's Place. I have been asked to write 8 random things about myself. I have already posted "100 things about me" previously and am writing many facts in "My Story" so have decided here to write things that would probably not appear in those facts. They are unusual to say the least and not for the faint hearted.
RULES BEFORE DOING THE ME ME ME (as I received them)
01. Post rules before giving the facts
02. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves
03. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules to the ones they have chosen
04. At the end of the your blog you need to tag eight people and list their names. Leave them a comment on their blog, telling them they have been tagged so that they can go and read your blog.
1. In my late teens I went to work for a company of Fruit Importers. I did not stay long. There were things going on in that company that I could not write about here. When I refused to play their games I went in one morning to find my desk removed into the corridor and all my possessions piled on top. I was so frightened that I even left town and went to stay with an Aunt in another part of the country for a while.
2. Aged about 16 I unwisely tried to feed a swan on a river bank and it took all the skin off my fingers with it's beak.
3. Mid-teens I was pulled into a boat shed on a river bank by a guy and it took all the strength I possessed to escape unharmed.
4. In my early twenties a work colleague came to dinner. I did not know a lot about her previously but it turned out she was a Spiritualist. When my husband took her home in the car at the end of the evening I found she had left one of her Spiritualist books behind. At that time I did not understand that "He that is in you is greater than he that is in the world" and in fear I put this book outside the door.
5. About 12 years ago I was accosted and threatened on the London Underground by a group of teenage boys. Very frightening.
6. Soon after we moved to London and were living in a rented bed sit, I took my then 13 year old brother to live with us because a number of emergencies had arisen in my family. I can tell you it was rather crowded. Loved having him though.
7. My Grandmother's cousin owned a farm and she used to take me to visit them regularly when I was a child. Apart from the enjoyable bits I have awful memories of the outside lavatories. A stone hut containing a long bench in which there were 3 holes. A large one, a middle sized one and a tiny one. One sat on whichever size fitted best and tried not to think about what was in the trough underneath, especially if it had not been emptied in a while. No plumbing on rural farms in those days.
8. Had to rescue a fellow Girl Guide from a Hornets nest when I was 15. I don't know who was the more frightened.
I'm passing this on and here is my list. It would be fun for me if you accepted it and played the game, but if you do not want to, then I will understand. For those that do take part, do let me know when you have posted so that I can come and enjoy yours.
Nature Girl of Nature Trail
Amanda of London Southern Belle
Linds of Rocking Chair Reflections
Kylee of Our Little Acre
Nikipolani of As it Happens
Marion of Reflections Through the Seasons
Madeline of Maddy's Glasshouse
Rhoda of Southern Hospitality