Friday 13 January 2017

Better Late Than Never!


It was the first time for many years that Alan and I spent New Year's Eve at home alone.
It being a Saturday we stuck with the usual Saturday routine of having tea on a tray in the sitting room( Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese sandwiches served with a side salad, Mince Pies and home made Date Scones) catching up on recorded TV programmes. We added to this an early bath before ending the evening in our Pyjams watching the New Year in on TV and going to bed at 1.0 a.m.
It was enjoyable and relaxing


So, just a few photos of the fireworks on the River Thames not many miles away








I'm glad we were warm and snug at home at not here on The Embankment like many!
So an opportunity to wish all my blogging friends and followers a very Happy New Year. 



9 comments:

Vee said...

That sounds like just about the perfect New Year's Eve...cozy and quiet at home. I don't mind seeing the festivites on tv, but would not enjoy actually being there.

Elizabeth said...

Happy New Year!
Gorgeous fireworks!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy New Year!

RasmaSandra said...

Wonderful photos. Yes, I think being at home on New Year's Eve snug, happy and content is really the best. Of course when I lived in NYC I did plenty of stepping out on New Year's but like you said you would never want to be on the embankment by The Thames so I never had a New Year's in Times Square in NYC and here in Riga, Latvia we never have gone to the embankment by the Daugava which is usually packed with people but when you can toast at home it is so much better. Happy New Year to you and yours and many blessings.

Lorrie said...

And a very Happy New Year to you, Barbara and Alan. May 2017 hold much joy for you. Wonderful photos of the fireworks. We stayed home, too, and didn't even wait up to see the new year in. It came just fine without us!

CherryPie said...

Happy New Year to you too xx

We spent the evening with my mum, starting in an Indian restaurant and seeing the New Year in at her house with a glass of champagne.

Deanna said...

Beautiful fireworks to bring the new year in.
May 2017 be a great year.
God bless,
d

Adrienne said...

Belated new year wishes to you, my friend. I'm catching up after a needed break. Like you, we stayed at home for New Year's Eve and we enjoyed watching festivities on television, too.
~Adrienne~

Charm and Grace said...

What wonderful photos of the fireworks. Hard to believe we are already a month into it but, like others, I wish you and your family many blessings in 2017...