Saturday 2 July 2011

London on an April Sunday Pt. 9



What is blogger doing? I left 2 posts scheduled to publish while I was away and it did not happen. 
So here is the first one now - something to look at while I am sorting the many holiday photos.
Just a few random photos of London


Looking across the river from the South Bank
with St. Paul's Cathedral on the left and
the Pepper pot on the right
plenty of pleasure boats on the water




Old fashioned merry-go-round on the south bank





Houses of Parliament


Big Ben



Leaving the river Thames behind and walking north


A peep at the old in the middle of Westminster
14th century Jewel Tower


Walking up Whitehall towards Downing Street


50 pence (75 cents) to use the 'toilet'


Sat Lav not Sat Nav
Text for the nearest


And finally passing the Tower on the way home

6 comments:

Vee said...

(I know what you're saying about the post not going on when it's scheduled....annoying. What's the point of the feature if it can not be put to use?)

The architecture is so much fun to see. I don't think I realized how different these sites would look. Big Ben really is big. The tower, on the other hand, doesn't look too tall.

The signs for the restrooms are very different from ours. Perhaps its the reknowned British humor.☺

Gwendolyn said...

Lovely scenes! I had to chuckle at the "next toilet" sign! So many fascinating things to see. Great photography. Thank you again!

Needled Mom said...

More great pictures!!!! It just looks like such a perfect day there.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday. I am hoping to see some pictures once you get them organized.

Yes, Blogger is being very bad.

Elizabeth said...

What ever happened to 'spending a penny'?!!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

You certainly saw a lot of London that day.

The toilets must be quite a source of revenue during tourist season at 75 cents per visit! The figures on the sign made me smile...I didn't notice those when I was there.

Trisha said...

Beautiful sites. Blessings.