Tuesday 27 October 2009

An Award Free Blog




I have decided to make my blog an award free blog. To date I have received 59 awards and I do sincerely appreciate all those who have honoured me in this way, but my real joy comes from receiving your comments and E-mails, getting to know people and building friendships. Likewise tags, in the many tags that I have done, I don't not think there is anything left to say about myself.

So these last 3 that I received during the summer, and to date have not commented on, will be the last 3. So thank you to Bernideen for the "Makes My heart Smile" award, Teresa for the "Exalting Christ" award and Karinann for the "Golden Heart" award.








7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I agree you deserve lots of award
but I also agree that thoughtful comments and blog friendships are more valuable.
All best wishes

Needled Mom said...

Me too. I agree that the friendships and comments are the best part of blogging.

Lorrie said...

I'm in full agreement with you on this. Getting to know so many wonderful people through blogging is the best part.

Kim said...

The awards thing can get a bit out of hand. More like a game of hot potato. I think your new tag is a breath of fresh air.

Michael said...

Yes, I never really got into forced awards but it's fun to write up some of the stuff if one wants.

BTw, you stil have plenty you can write about yourself. For one, you can talk about your faith journey as there aren't many bloggers out there doing that, let alone those who have lived long enough to be mature. I find all that very interesting.

Peggy said...

Congratulations & a blessed Happy New Year Barbara,

I have been looking for a button like this for a long time so I stopped back to let you know I borrowed it for my blog's sidebar. I hope that you don't mind! This was very nicely worded and I'm sure from what I've seen that you deserve every award!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Hi Barbara:

I found you doing a Google search on tag free buttons. I was wondering if you'd mind if I borrowed yours for my blog sidebar. I'm your newest GFC follower and I agree with you totally about these awards.

I do appreciate being thought of, but I'm not sure my readers really want to hear about my awards. That's not why they subscribe.

Your button is the only one I've found that includes tag free as well as award free.

I'd really love to use it if you don't mind, but I won't use it without you're permission.

Tuula :)