Friday 11 May 2018

Wells-Next-the-Sea, Norfolk, Part 2

I can't believe that it is over 2 months since I posted, so many reasons which I will not bore you with. Maybe blog posting for 11 years and Facebook and Instagram has got something to do with it!


I love Wells-Next-the-Sea on the North Norfolk Coast. It has the history of the ships that brought their wares to the warehouses,






an interesting seaside town





the old fishing boat that is now a seafood cafe



the fishing boats


the channels that have to be dredged 




the massive golden sands when the tide is out


with calm channels to swim in




and the basking seals to admire.
Can't believe that this was a year ago this month.
Still more to come on this area - hope you enjoyed.

13 comments:

Adrienne said...

I would love to stroll down those streets with you, my friend. Thanks for sharing this sweet place.
~Adrienne~

ellen b said...

Very nice and now I'm craving some seafood!

Patsy said...

Happy to see you back!

Bernideen said...

How lovely and so much history there. Thanks for sharing your wonderful visit!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Wonderful sights to see for sure. It is relaxing and invigorating at the same time to be by the sea.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What a charming and lovely little town!

Winifred said...

That looks lovely Brabara. Just glad you post to keep us up to date with you.
x

Vee said...

I know! Too much of an online social presence can bog a gal down. Yes, I do enjoy seaside towns and often compare them to those I have visited. Surprisingly, there are many similarities despite being so far apart.

Lorrie said...

So glad to see you post again, Barbara. I'm also on Instagram, but find it conflicting to be on too many social media sites. I miss the blogging of yore, but there's no use crying over something past.
I always enjoy seeing the places you visit. Such a pretty seaside town.

bristowmom said...

I don't check in as often as I used to,but glad to see you are still here. I hope all is well.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hello Barbara. . . it's always a pleasure to see what you've captured with your lens on your outings. Looks like there were quite a few people enjoying the sunshine and views the day you took these photos. I viewed them all in large format and felt almost like I was there. There is certainly a lot to catch one's interest . . . all those little shops and the old fishing boat restaurant. I can see the tide really goes out there!

hazel c UK said...

I do hope are feeling lots well.

Love,
Haze
C uk

Anonymous said...

Hello! Just thinking of you and I popped by to see you!
Hope you are doing well. Take care.