Saturday 12 August 2017

Sandringham, The Norfolk Retreat of Her Majesty The Queen, Part 1

Sandringham is the Queen's only private home. All her other residences belong to the State.
I have a lot of photos to share but thought I would start with the gardens which are beautiful.
The house is surrounded by 60 acres of glorious gardens.
The formal planting of the Edwardian age has given way to great sweeping glades, bordered by banks ad shrubs with splendid specimen trees, to create an informal garden as delightful in autumn as in spring and summer.


























Hope you enjoyed

8 comments:

ellen b said...

Gorgeous property and gardens. I never thought about whether the Queen had her own private property. Thanks for sharing!

Janneke said...

Sandringham, such a wonderful place to visit. Loved to see your photos, we were there during our stay in Norfolk last year.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

The azaleas and rhododendrons were certainly in bloom when you were there. It reminds me of the gardens I've seen in the Seattle area. I love the swaths of green lawn delicately scattered with those little white flowers.

Lorrie said...

What beautiful gardens the Queen has! I'm glad she shares them with regular folk like us!

Ag said...

What a beautiful garden with so many areas to explore. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.
Audrey.

Charm and Grace said...

Barbara, you just have such an amazing eye with the camera. These gardens are stunning! Thanks for sharing the beauty!

Blessings,
Christi

Louca por porcelana said...

Fabulous!Such beauty!

Adrienne said...

For some reason my blog reader isn't showing all blog posts from my blog friends so I missed this one. This is a lovely place. I would love to stroll through the gardens and enjoy the beauty.
~Adrienne~