Saturday 24 June 2017

Burnham Market, Norfolk Part 3



Turning around now and walking along the opposite side of the street


These archways are where the horse and carriage would enter in times gone by



A great traditional butchers shop


with a hat shop next door




Would take far too many photos to show you all of this shop but will show you some







A labrynth




This was the place to go if you were refurbishing your kitchen


and then the shirt shop next door




and the necessary Pharmacy


Estate Agents



and a gallery



The sweet shop opposite to where we are staying






with the pottery painting upstairs
Part 3 coming


11 comments:

ellen b said...

love every part of this village. That hat shop is amazing! I'm bookmarking this post.

Vee said...

There is a lot going on in that town! I have been needing a hat and seems I have found a place with a lot of product. It's hit or miss in my corner.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

The hat shop is certainly full of hats! No wonder you took so many photos. One could spend quite a long time in there just looking and trying on hats.

Barbee' said...

I can't describe how much I love looking at all the street scenes of places I will never be able to visit. It is so kind of you to make the effort to show it all to your readers like me. Thank you.

RasmaSandra said...

Really enjoyed this. I have always loved places where there are individual shops like this instead of big supermarkets and malls.

Garden Fancy said...

Your English shops are so quaint and picturesque! That's a lot of hats, and that sweet shop is straight out of Hogsmeade in the Harry Potter stories. Thanks so much for sharing your holiday with us. Best, Beth

CherryPie said...

I would be in my element in that hat shop. I love hats :-)

Gracie Saylor said...

This kind of shopping is such fun and easy on my pocketbook :) Thanks for helping me enjoy seeing what you saw...especially the amazing hat shop.

Ag said...

Thank you for a lovely shopping trip. Beautiful little shops and the hats are wonderful.
Audrey.

Adrienne said...

The hat shop fascinates me! I would have to spend all of my time - and money - there and avoid the sweet shop. This village is charming and would be a wonderful place to visit.
~Adrienne~

Bernideen said...

I have visited my way down your blog and will comment here that is was a delight!