Thursday 6 March 2014

Hall Place & Gardens Pt. 1

Certainly not everyone's idea of art
We were visiting Hall Place & Gardens on the other side of the river to find that the hall was hosting an art exhibition called Beastly Hall so decided to have a look before having lunch and moving on into the gardens 
Sitting on the banks of the River Cray , Hall Place was once the residence of Sir John Champneys, a successful merchant and former Lord Mayor of London


The exhibition began in  the inner courtyard with a metal sculpture of a 'bag lady' but this being a 'beastly' exhibition the lady is a badger



the hallway



thousands of of Peacock feathers!


weird



a 'box' of flies


Art????????????



record turntables


I really did not like this one



bizarre 


left quickly to look at the house but there was a reception on so limited viewing





The Great Hall with minstrels gallery


Certainly unusual and can't say I liked it but we did enjoy our lunch in the restaurant and enjoyed the gardens afterwards.
next post


12 comments:

jerilanders said...

Fascinatingly weird! But I think I like it.

Terri said...

I didn't care for the "art" either. Love the house though. I'll have to look up the history, it seems quite old.
Thanks for the peek.
Hugs

Elizabethd said...

How extraordinary!

CherryPie said...

It is not my cup of tea and I wouldn't call it art!

The house on the other hand seems as if it is well worth a look.

Lorrie said...

Odd ideas some people have. The house is charming, though.

Patsy said...

That was different, nice to get out and see what other people are doing.

Jane Jazz - Tantalus said...

Well that was a fascinating ramble with you, thanks! Loved the field of peacock feathers... can't say the same for the 'box' of flies! At least the exhibits get people talking :-) JJ

Gracie Saylor said...

Beautiful architecture, but not my kind of art for the most part...an amazing display of peacock feathers, though, Barbara :)

Scriptor Senex said...

Most of the art is not my 'scene'. A shame that you only had limited viewing of the house but I like the Great Hall.

Josie said...

Gosh there is some thought-provoking art here! Your photos are also stunnning, I can only take photos outside which hampers me somewhat. Thanks so much for sharing your time at this super house.

Vee said...

It gives one something to think about. Very unusual stuff!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That was way too weird for me!