Thursday 30 January 2014

Country Craft Market at Sissinghurst

On arrival at Sissinghurst I never expected to see a country craft and mini market
We decided to look around before leaving and of course it was worth it


I stocked up on locally grown Cox apples
and bought 4 new Lavender shrubs as they were at least half the price of buying in a garden centre


A lady spinning wool from her own sheep


Now this was the piece de la resistance (no comments French friends please!)
T'was where I bought my delicious caramel sauce (posted here at the time) and several packs of home made fudge plus some delicious Lavender jelly


Alan bought a gift for a friend here (on his own!)


but we passed on the luxury home made ice-cream as we knew we would be eating well at the away weekend
This concludes our visit to Sissinghurst which we would never have thought of visiting at this time of year if we had not been in the vicinity. Previous visits have always been in the Summer when the gardens are beautiful.

10 comments:

Gracie Saylor said...

Craft fairs are fun to attend, aren't they! I especially enjoyed seeing the fiber related venues...the little sheep :) Thanks for taking me along with you to window shop, Barbara!

Bernideen said...

This looks like a lot of fun - love it!

Elizabethd said...

What a perfect day to arrive! I love country fairs, you so often find something handmade and different.

Vee said...

Ohhhh...caramel sauce would have been in my satchel, too. And I surely could have found room for ice cream.
= D

Sue Seibert said...

What a lovely market!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love to browse around at craft fairs. There is always something unique to be found. We have a few here mostly during the summer times. It's still all white with snow here, but I'm sure there are many crafters busy inside this time of year getting ready for the fairs to begin again.

Patsy said...

Country fairs are fun and you fine
the best treats.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

The craft fair looks like an interesting place to visit, and of course, that delicious caramel sauce makes it especially sweet for you!

Lori Zehr said...

Barbara: What a lovely market! I especially enjoyed looking at the spinning--her wheel is the same kind as mine only mine is a light color! I think she must be a very good spinner from the looks of the products in her shop. How nice to see! I too, want my own sheep and have plenty of room for them--just no fencing--and it's very expensive to install. Maybe someday! Thanks for sharing the post!

nikkipolani said...

I've been saving your posts for a leisurely read, Barbara. But, as you've noticed, I haven't had the chance nor have I commented! So it was lovely to get visits from you to remind me. Wonderful treats at this market!