Saturday 19 January 2013

Night and Day and Teatime

Night and Day with some reflections









Wanted to show you these biscuits because they are absolutely delicious. They are Honey & Almond and such a delicate flavour of both.  These were bought for me at Christmas along with another box of Ginger & Lemon flavour.
Artisan Biscuits baked by hand
A balanced infusion of 2 flavours in an all butter biscuit.

On one side of the box it says:
"In nothing more is the English genius for domesticity more notably declared than in the institution of this festival - almost one may call it - of afternoon tea...The mere chink of cups and saucers tunes the mind to happy repose." George Gissing, English Novelist.
on another side
"Fine bone china, fragrant tea, cucumber sandwiches and the most refined of biscuits are the essence of English afternoon tea.
Not just a taste of England but an English experience"
on another side an Irish Blessing
"May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you and all your heart might desire" 

What more can I add!



18 comments:

Merisi said...

Lovely orchids!

I could not live without my daily "English experience", er, "festival" in the afternoon. I like coffee, but without tea I get grumpy pretty fast.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a delightful mix in your pictures there showing the snow outside and the tropical blooms inside. The tea biscuits do sound good. I'd made some with nuts before Christmas and so enjoyed them, now it's time to make another batch. I may just have to use almonds, it sounds so good.

Lorrie said...

How beautiful your orchids are, by night or by day. And it's amazing to notice the difference that lighting makes - the warmth of the bulbs contrasts with the chilly wintry light.
Those biscuits (or cookies as we call them) look delicious!

Elizabethd said...

What a gorgeous selection of Orchids. They are so lovely when in flower.

Anonymous said...


Absolutely nothing, you said it all. Now I'm off to make a lovely cuppa and have some lovely stem ginger biscuits!!

Anonymous said...


Sorry, I should also have said that those Orchids are gorgeous!

Willow said...

I love that Irish blessing! And I love English afternoon tea, too.

Trisha said...

Now that is precious. Any your flowers are beautiful. Have a Blessed day.

Winifred said...

I'm trying to catch up on Blogging so I hope you had a lovely Christmas and are coping OK with the weather.

Your flowers & plants are gorgeous. I do love honey & almond too but currently I'm on my careful eating regime to combat the Christmas indulging. My favourite scones are cherry & almond, well after cheese!

nikkipolani said...

Oh, I'm impressed with your ability with those orchids. I've tried several times, but have killed every orchid. Those biscuits sound lovely. I think I shall need to bake something now!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Charming in every way!

Vee said...

Oh I'd love to reach out and try one. Perhaps I can find them at our T.J.Maxx store one day as they sometimes carry British teas and biscuits. They sure sound delicious.

The juxtaposition of your beautiful orchids against the snowy outdoors is striking. Just lovely.

Needled Mom said...

What a contrast from inside to outside!!! I do love the look of the wintery garden as a backdrop to the gorgeous orchids.

Crafty Gardener said...

You have some beautiful orchids in bloom Barbara. How lovely to have those splashes of colour in the winter months. Those biscuits look perfect to have with a cup of tea.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Those biscuits look so wonderfully good! Would be most tasty with my morning tea!!! I loved all the pictures as well.

elizabeth said...

What a wonderful contrast --outside and in!

CherryPie said...

Those biscuits sound like the perfect addition to afternoon tea. Especially when it is warm and toasty inside and we can view the beauty of the snow through the window.

Lori Zehr said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post! I thought the sentiments were lovely! I do enjoy a good cup of tea and delicate pastries.